On the 24th May over 40 Ellison employees took on the challenge of the Wirral Costal Walk. The team endured a 15 mile route which many completed in fancy dress. From Harry Potter to Spiderman, we had an array of characters taking on the challenge! The walk was completed in just under 6 hours, a huge achievement for all of the team!
You can view the highlights from our walk in the video below!
Nightingale House deliver care, comfort and support to patients and their families with life-threatening or life-limiting illness, including bereavement support given to adults and children following the loss of a loved one. Not having to worry about the care a loved one receives, knowing they are in safe hands means every second spent together is dignified and peaceful. This is offered completely free-of-charge, and delivers vital help to those in need, touching the lives of local people.
Only 20% of Nightingale House Hospice’s overall costs come from statutory funding, the other 80% has to be found from voluntary sources. Without such support the specialist palliative care units wouldn’t be able to deliver such high standards! This is why we set ourselves a significant target of raising £5000 to contribute to the very much needed voluntary funding.
We are now 87% to target with over 130 supporters. If you would like to help us reach our target it’s not too late to donate using the button below.
We are delighted with the substantial amount of money we have raised for Nightingale House Hospice and we look forward to working together again on our next charity project! For more information about Nightingale House Hospice, visit the website here.