Veggie Buddies Craft Stick Puppets
Create fun craft stick puppets for storytelling.
Reenact stories about healthy eating for fun storytelling and lessons that build character.
Theme: Food & Nutrition
Fine Arts: Theater
K-4 Standard 2: Acting by assuming roles and interacting in improvisations
- Students imagine and clearly describe characters, their relationships and their environments.
- Students use variations of locomotor and nonlocomotor movement and vocal pitch, tempo and tone for different characters.
English Language Arts: Applying Language Skills
K-12: Standard 12
- Students use spoken, written and visual language to accomplish their own purposes (e.g., for learning, enjoyment, persuasion and the exchange of information).
Standards for the English Language Arts, by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English, Copyright 1996 by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English. Reprinted with permission.
Create easy-to-create craft stick puppets for classroom plays and holiday fun. Develop oral skills and build self-esteem as students portray characters with enthusiasm and confidence.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pencils or Crayons, Craft Sticks, Glue, Adhesive Googly Eyes, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut Veggie Buddies from various colors of cardstock or construction paper.
- Keep one Veggie Buddy whole and cut highlights from other colors. Layer and adhere to embellish.
- Highlight with colored pencils or crayons and add googly eyes to decorate.
- Attach craft sticks for dramatic play (see Main Photo).