Back to School Bulletin Board
Welcome the new kids on the block! Design fun, floral bulletin boards and wall decor for back to school or any time of the year. Go large with bulletin boards using the eclips Machine and cartridges. The picture in picture feature makes this project picture perfect!
Use eclips features to create unique bulletin boards that are both engaging and amazing works of art.
Curriculum: Fine Arts & Crafts
Fine Arts: Visual Arts
Standard 3: Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols and Ideas
- K-4 - Students select and use subject matter, symbols and ideas to communicate meaning.
Standard 5: Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others
- K-4 - Students understand that there are various purposes for creating works of visual art.
As the academic year begins, create a welcoming environment by celebrating the classroom community. Allow students to decorate individual picture frames.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Cork or Bulletin Board, Glue or Tape (Double-Sided), Photographs, Scissors
The teacher will cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut various Flowers, the Clover Vine and Heart Flower stems using the eclips machine and Holiday cartridge.
- Use the Picture-in-Picture feature to create Flower frames from a variety of solid shapes, Flower parts and pieces and the Circle Scallop. Adhere a student photograph to each frame with double-sided tape.
- Cut the Phrase, Back 2 School using the School & Sports cartridge for the title.
- Cut letters to create the words "Ready to Grow" using Sassy Serif letters from the Greek & Sassy Serif cartridge. Replace the letter "o" with a layered Flower, Asterisk from the Holiday cartridge.
- Cover the bulletin or cork board with contrasting paper for the board and title area.
- Adhere framed photographs, shapes and title to the board (see Main Photo).